About the project
The British Council Thailand in partnership with the Food Innopolis, National Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Office (STI) is inviting Thai Higher Education Institutions and Food Industry sectors to take part of the University – Industry Links: Foresight for Food - Train the Trainers Project. The project offers an opportunity for participants to gain greater understanding in the foresight processes in real context, enabling the development of roadmaps to prepare for future businesses. The participants will attend the train the trainers training in Thailand, and selected participants from the project will be able to join the UK visit.
The objectives of the project are:
- To set up strategic direction for Thai universities on strategic foresight processes through development of a roadmap;
- To increase knowledge transfer and engagement between Thai and UK universities and the food industry sectors;
- To build capacity of Thai institutions through expertise from the UK; and
- To expand gateway for Thai industry to work with UK industry
To apply for this project, the Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a permanent employee of either a Thai university, food industry sector, governmental agencies involved in food sector.
- Have a background of at least 5 years in food or agro-industry, food technology product development, or related areas (ideally have obtained a master’s degree or above).
- Be able to provide full attendance to all activities in Thailand. The activities in the UK will be limited to selected participants from the project only.
- Possess good English skills in speaking, writing and reading (equivalent to CEFR level B2) as all sessions will be organized in English*.
*Submission of English proficiency scores is optional, but applicants who submit the evidence will be given special consideration.
Call for application
Guideline for application can be downloaded below. Interested Applicant must apply via online submission only.
Deadline for application is Monday 13 May 2019 (17.00 hrs. Thailand time).