IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is the world’s most popular English language test. More than 2 million IELTS tests were taken last year.
Taking IELTS opens doors – it can help you live, study and work around the world. More than 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS, including government bodies, employers and academic institutions. IELTS is also accepted by 3,300 institutions in the USA. In fact, IELTS is the only English language test accepted for immigration purposes by all countries that require one.
Designed by experts in English language assessment and trusted around the world, you can be sure that IELTS will give a fair and consistent assessment of your English skills.
On 22 May, the UK Home Office issued guidance on secure English language test (SELT) providers. We encourage you to check the full text and FAQ here.
If you are applying for a visa to move to or remain in the UK, there’s an IELTS test for you. You can find more information in our IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration section.
Why take IELTS with the British Council?
The British Council has more than 75 years’ experience teaching and testing English. We have more than 500 test locations around the world and we helped people in more than 90 countries gain English language qualifications that help them make the most of their chances in life. That’s a lot of experience, and it means that if you take an English language test with us, you can be confident that you’ll be well looked after.
Five reasons why you should take IELTS with the British Council Thailand:
- Expert support: from videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test
- Free resources: Road to IELTS is the British Council’s popular online preparation course. When you register for an IELTS test with us you also get access to 30 hours of free training.
- Convenient test dates, locations and venues: we offer frequent tests a month in four locations in Thailand; Bangkok, Samutprakan, Chiang Mai and Phuket. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you can take your test.
- Easy booking: you can book your IELTS test online or at our centres or our partners across country and take advantage of flexible payment options.
- Fast results: we guarantee you will be able to see your results online within just 13 days of the date you take your test.
IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment. The IELTS test is designed and set by the world’s leading experts in language assessment to give a true picture of a test taker’s language skills. IELTS Bands 4-9 (NQF levels Entry 3 to Level 3) are accredited by Ofqual, England’s Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation.Visit www.ielts.org and www.takeielts.britishcouncil.org for more information and resources.