When you book an IELTS test with the British Council, you also get included in your test fee:
- Exclusive, free access to our popular online preparation course 'Road to IELTS Last Minute course', which includes 100 interactive activities, 9 video tutorials and two IELTS Academic practice tests for each of the four skills
- Five extra Test Report Forms for free that we send free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities etc.)
Choose how to take your IELTS test and book online
You can take your test at one of our official test centres on paper or on a computer. All you need is a valid identification document and a bank card if you want to pay online.
|Tests we offer||Fee||Available test dates|
|IELTS Academic - in centre (paper or computer)||THB 6,900||Find a test date|
IELTS General Training - in centre (paper or computer)
|THB 6,900||Find a test date|
IELTS Academic for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)
|THB 7,710||Find a test date|
IELTS General Training for UKVI - in centre (paper or computer)
|THB 7,710||Find a test date|
IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1) - in centre
|THB 5,800||Find a test date|
What you need to book
- Make sure you have a valid ID (Thai national ID card or passport) at hand. Please note you will have to present the same Thai national ID or passport that you use for registration on test day. Different, invalid or expired passport or national ID card will not be accepted, and you will not be allowed to sit the test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test through our online registration system. For in person registration, visit our authorised registration partners.
After you have booked your test
You will receive emails confirming:
- the start time of your test and the venue address
- your Speaking Test date
- your access to the free online preparation courses: Road to IELTS Last Minute Version
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. Speaking test on weekdays and Sunday will be running from 0900 – 1800 hours. Confirmation email will be sent to you 3 days prior to your written test.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.
More information about the test
Download and read our Information for Candidates to learn everything you need to know about the format, the different exam components and test results.