About Institutional Links
Newton Institutional Links provides grants for the development of research and innovation collaborations between the UK and Thailand. The research facilitated by these grants tackles local development needs and challenges such as extreme weather conditions, access to affordable health care, food and energy security.
The grants are intended to provide small-scale seed funding to:
- start and develop collaborations between academic groups, departments and institutions in partner countries and the UK
- support the exchange of expertise and research knowledge
- establish local hubs for UK-partner country activities.
Institutional Links 2019/20 is now open for application
Duration of grants: 12 Months
Size of grant: £50,000 - £100,000
Thematic priority areas: 10 targeted
- Next-generation Automotive
- Smart Electronics
- Affluent, Medical and Wellness Tourism
- Agriculture and Biotechnology
- Food for the Future
- Aviation and Logistics
- Biofuels and Biochemicals
- Medical Hub
- Leading or Established Researchers can apply to be Principal Applicants (as defined by the EC - download information here ).
- Each proposal must have one Principal Applicant from the UK, as well as a Principal Applicant from the partner countries listed above.\
- Please download and view the list of eligible UK research institutions here
- Please download the list of eligible Thai institutions here
Deadline for application
9 August 2019, 16:00 UK time