Are you a UK university offer holder or interested in studying in the UK? Join us for the British Council’s pre-departure briefing: preparing for studying in the UK with confidence.
Wednesday 27 July 2022
The British Council organised an online pre-departure briefing to provide essential information to all students across East Asia who have received an offer from a UK institution or are planning to study in the UK in the future.
The session includes guidance on how to prepare yourself for your studies and life in the UK and includes topics such as:
- Immigration and passport control procedures
- How to get to schools, colleges and universities
- Student support and safety
- Finance matters and budget planning
- Cultural differences
- Opportunity to listen to alumni and current students in the UK to learn from their experience
- Study UK: Staying safe in the UK - download here
- Q&A - Here are the answers to the questions we didn't cover during the live session due to the time limit.
Links from UKVI
- Apply online - www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa
- Student visa guideline - https://www.gov.uk/student-visa; https://www.gov.uk/child-study-visa
- Finance guidance - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/financial-evidence-for-student-and-child-student-route-applicants
- IHS calculation - https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/checker/type
- VFS Global - https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html
- BRP - www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits