IELTS Upper-intermediate is our third stage IELTS preparation course. The British Council focuses on the learner by conducting a needs analysis for each learner. You will get to enhance your exam skills through looking at different types of questions and discovering a range of useful techniques such as time management, question analysis and processing speed so that you can reach a higher score band. The classes are limited to only 16 students per class to ensure more individual attention.
To attend this IELTS course, students are required to complete IELTS Intermediate, have a minimum level of IELTS 6.0 or attain a suitable score on our placement test.
On this course you will
- learn about each section of the IELTS test (speaking, listening, reading and writing) in detail
- discover key vocabulary related to each IELTS exam topic such as climate and the environment, globalisation, growth and development
- practice exam skills such as time management, question analysis and processing speed
- enhance a range of useful techniques such as scanning, paraphrasing and skimming
- simpler and better access to supplementary materials online
- receive regular 4 skills (Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening) assessments and advice for successful performance on the day of the exam
- gain essential skills and useful technique to maximise your IELTS score
- boost your confidence to perform your best on the test date
- expand your vocabulary and improve grammatical accuracy