Secondary students focus on practical language skills to develop their confidence to communicate effectively in English.
Our teachers will ensure that your child is challenged and engaged in their learning, giving them the language skills they need for future academic study, employment and social situations.
Following the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), secondary courses will:
- cover all aspects of communication – listening, speaking, reading and writing
- include a variety of activities such as interviews, surveys, role-plays and giving presentations
- develop key study skills including organising and monitoring learning, note-taking, memorising, managing time and reading effectively
- use a range of learning materials, course books, video and IT
- prepare your child for further academic study of English including exam preparation.