Your child will learn naturally through play and Timmy's stories
Introducing English to your child between the ages of four and six allows them to learn the language when it comes to them most naturally.
The British Council's early years specialists have designed Learning Time with Timmy to be fun and engaging for your child. Our approach to learning nurtures your child's creativity, critical thinking and social skills as they learn English. It boosts their self-confidence and helps them develop communication skills and good pronunciation. Find out more about how we teach.
We have partnered with Aardman animation studios because the stories of their world-famous character Timmy, star of Timmy Time , enable your child to learn new words in context. Timmy and his friends will capture your child’s imagination. This connection deepens their engagement in the learning process.
Improve your child's learning with our world of English expertise.
What happens in a typical class?
Each Learning Time with Timmy class follows a similar format to help children feel comfortable and participate to the best of their ability.
A class may include:
- Circle time in which the teacher spends time with the children talking about their week and the class.
- Timmy Time video story which sets the topic for the rest of the lesson.
- An activity to help the children hear or see the language of the day in use.
- Timmy Time work sheet to help children to practice motor control for writing and to stimulate topic related conversation.
- Arts and crafts to help children practice the topic language or to use classroom related language.
- Phonics to help develop awareness of sound and letter coordination and practice letter formation.
Each child has their own scrapbook in which you can see their activity sheets, art work and beginner writing.
Full year course
Term A: May – October
Term B: October – March