So, you have revised and prepared for the big day. Don’t worry if you feel a little nervous – that’s only natural. Follow a few more simple tips to stay relaxed and get the best possible exam results.
- stay calm and take deep, even breaths
- read the exam paper completely before you start
- plan your time
- move on to the next question if you get stuck
- read the questions carefully and make sure you answer each one properly
- sip fresh water throughout the exam
- check each answer, particularly if you finish early.
For essay questions, remember to structure your answers with a beginning, middle and end. The beginning introduces the essay, the middle explores the topic in more detail and should make up around 75 per cent of the overall word count, and the end concludes or summarises your essay.