Are you 15 or over? interested in GCSES, A levels or BTEC?
Mark Love, Principal at Oxford Tutorial College, will deliver an Applicant Event on Sunday 3rd June in Bangkok, which will consist of:
|12.30pm - 3pm||Interviews for scholarship candidates|
|3pm - 4.30pm||Seminar on pre-university UK Qualifications:|
|Seminar Part 1||A-level, the traditional route to university|
|- What subject combinations should you choose and why?|
|- What is different about learning A levels at Oxford Tutorial College?|
|Seminar Part 2||Foundation, the alternative route|
|- how does it work?|
|- Foundation vs A levels? which is best for you?|
| Seminar Part 3
||BTEC, an alternative to exams|
|- how different is it from A levels?|
|- Is a BTEC better recognised than a foundation or A levels?|
|4.30pm||Scholarship tests / Oxford Tutorial College is offering up to 40% academic scholarship for BTEC and A levels this September 2018.|
About the Oxford Tutorial College
Oxford Tutorial College is a highly successful independent college specialising in A-Level, BTEC and GCSE courses for students 15 -19+ in the heart of Oxford. Established in 1988, the college has gained an excellent reputation for providing effective preparation for public examinations and university entry, achieved by thorough, exam-specific teaching and close attention to the needs of each individual student.
Key points about Oxford Tutorial College (OTC):
- Located in the city centre of Oxford, within less than a minute walk from Oxford University and with residences within 15 mins walk.
- OTC has a fantastic track record in helping students achieve their best, with 75% of students receiving offers from the UK's top 50 universities in 2018.
- OTC has regularly welcomed sponsored Thai scholars over the years
- Small classes 4-6 students for A levels, maximum 10 for BTEC, most of the time 8
- Flexible programmes:
- 2 Year A levels from September
- 5 term A levels from January
- 1 year A levels from September
- 2 year, 5 terms or 1 year BTEC with similar intakes
- Student focused teaching based on student's strengths and weaknesses, and progress, each student has their own timetable
- Mix of British (50%), European and International students (50%)
- Opportunity to have one to one tuition if needed
- 1:4 tutor to student ratio which allows strong engagement between tutors and students, maximum 230 students in the college and approximately 80 tutors altogether
- Opportunity to join Oxford Student Union at discounted fee, which offers access to all events by Oxford Student Union and access to the library
- Students go to top universities upon completion: Oxford University, Cambridge University, London School of Economics, Imperial College, Bristol University, Reading University, University of Manchester, Lancaster University and so many more.
- 100% continuation to University from the BTEC programme
Mark Love was educated at the University in Bristol; he joins us having spent twelve years in principal roles across three colleges in London and has over twenty-six years' experience in the education sector, having fulfilled positions including those of senior tutor, governor, vice principal and teacher.
Mark was the Principal at Abbey College from 2005- 2011 and has successfully sent many students from Hong Kong, Vietnam and Malaysia to prestigious universities such as Cambridge University, Imperial College, London School of Economics and UCL. He was also the founding Principal of CATS College London when it opened in 2011. Mark says: "My biggest professional achievements were and will remain playing a part in helping students achieve their goals." Taking seat from November 2017, he says "In returning to the city of my eldest daughter's birth, I am very proud to be assuming the position of principal of Oxford Tutorial College where we will continue to build upon the college's long established educational reputation and develop the college to become the preeminent sixth form college in Oxford."