Wed 21st Feb 2018 from 08.30am - 17.00pm @ Intercontinental Hotel Bangkok
Interested in IGCSES and A Levels?
D'Overbroeck's will be holding a private event for students interested in joining either IGCSES or A levels in September 2018, hosted by Dr. Helen Wood, Head of IGCSES at d'Overbroeck's and Miss Lily Phommarack, Recruitment Manager.
Students are invited to submit their school transcripts to Miss Lily Phommarack, Recruitment Manager: Lphommarack@oxfordinternational.com in order to secure an interview. Interviews will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, on appointment only and will be limited to a maximum of 8 candidates only. Every student and parent will also have the opportunity to meet Lily for a consultation prior to interview.
|8.30am - 1.00pm
|2.00pm - 5.00pm
|IGCSES, A levels, Oxbridge Preparation
d'Overbroeck's 6th Form Launch Reception. All attendees will be invited to a drinks and canapes reception to celebrate our New Sixth Form, chat with Helen and Lily, and meet current parents of our students.
The seminar will focus on:
- IGCSES at d'Overbroeck's: Dr. Wood will introduce you to the differences between the one year IGCSES and two year IGCSES while stressing how IGCSES can prepare you for future academic success, whether you choose A levels or IB.
- A levels at d'Overbroeck's: Dr. Wood will introduce you to our new Sixth Form teaching site in Oxford as well as our Oxbridge preparation programme.
- Our Thai students: find out about their experience at d'Overbroeck'sAbout the d'Overbroeck's
About the d'Overbroeck's - Why choose d'Overbroeck's?
- Fully compliant by the Independent Schools Inspectorate standards and successfully accredited by the British Council
- Many years of experience welcoming sponsored Thai students
- Boarding residences available
- In 2017, at the IGCSES:
- 43% of our students gained A*- A grades
- 67% of grades at A*-B
- 85% of grades at A*-C
- Fantastic new Sixth Form opened in September 2017, including a brand new boarding residence
- Ranked 27th for A level results in the Times League table in 2017, with 63% of our students scoring Grade A* to A
- University destinations include: Oxford University, Cambridge, London School of Economics, University College London and manymore prestigious universities
About the Speaker
Dr. Helen Wood has had over 20 years' experience of working in the field of English language teaching both to adults and juniors. In her early career she worked with International House in Geneva, Switzerland, in a range of contexts, ranging from multinational corporations to with individual clients from a legal, diplomatic and university background. With juniors she gained a great deal of experience both as a teacher and as a Course Director in summer residential courses in the UK before moving into year-round academic programme management in the independent school sector at d'Overbroeck's in Oxford. She has maintained her interest in politics, history, economics and development studies by leading the introduction of Global Citizenship Studies to the International Section curriculum at d'Overbroeck's. She is a fluent French speaker, having undertaken her postgraduate education in a bi-lingual faculty at Geneva University. In 2014 Helen was appointed to the Executive Committee of BAISIS, taking on responsibility for CPD and in 2016 she was elected to the post of Deputy Chair. From 2015 to 2017 she sat on the Accreditation Scheme Advisory Committee of the British Council reviewing inspection reports prior to their publication. Helen continues to take an active part in the extra-curricular activities programme at the International Section of d'Overbroeck's and is a keen musician.