Young Adults is a new course for high school students who are 16+. The course is designed to help you gain confidence in all skill areas with an emphasis on speaking. In Young Adult classes you will have the opportunity to study using authentic material, helping you to bridge the gap between the classroom and the real world. The lessons will be relevant to you, your learning neeeds and your interests.
As you will be studying with students of a similar age, you will have a lot in common with them and feel comfortable communicating with one another.
We will bring the real world into your classroom through the use of DVD material from the BBC and video podcasts of real-life interviews. This authentic material will provide you with realistic models of English, a genuine global range of subject matter to engage with and provide a springboard for meaningful speaking and writing tasks.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL
- improve your speaking fluency and pronunciation by practicing language through communicative tasks in a wide range of situations
- develop strategies to help support your approach to listening to native speakers
- practice different reading skills through a wide variety of authentic reading texts
- improve your writing fluency to help you be better able to write personal responses in real-life situations
- discover grammar by noticing language in context and finding rules out for yourself
- learn the vocabulary you need to help you communicate effectively in a range of situations
Our 10-week courses are available throughout the year, as well as special courses in summer.
|Term 1:||May - July|
|Term 2:||July - October|
|Term 3:||October - December|
|Term 4:||January - March|
|Summer courses:||March - May|