Region: West Midlands
Level of study:
- Pathways to higher education
- Postgraduate taught course
- Postgraduate research (e.g. MPhil, PhD)
- English course
Founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, Aston is a long established research-led University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government and commerce.
As of June 2019, Guardian League Tables has ranked Aston University 34th for 2020. Aston has been awarded GOLD in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) 2017 – the highest possible award! We obtained 84% student satisfaction in the government’s latest National Student Survey (2018) and Global Higher Education consultants QS Intelligence Unit have awarded Aston a five star rating for excellence in teaching, employability, innovation, facilities, inclusiveness, and internationalisation.
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), 78% of research submitted was evaluated as 'world leading' or 'internationally recognised'. It is currently ranked 23rd in the UK and in the top 200 in the world in the QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018.
Aston University, including all accommodation on campus, library, and sports and teaching facilities, is situated in the centre of the City of Birmingham - the UK’s second largest city. Studying and living in one of Europe’s liveliest cities, you’ll have access to excellent nightlife, travel, culture, sport, shopping and work, and it’s all just minutes’ walk from campus.
Aston University are delighted to be offering a number of scholarships to students who are applying for foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate study.
- Aston University's Vice Chancellors Scholarship of up to £8,000
- Global Excellence Scholarship - Up to £5,000 available
- Aston Enterprise Scholarship - Full 100% Scholarship for students applying for the MSc Entrepreneurship programme for September 2020
- MBA Scholarship (Full Time) - Up to 50% is available off tuition fees