The first SchoolLab Thailand winner joined our trip to visit the science festival in the UK
Our first SchoolLab Thailand winner, Mr. Thanapat Thanomdumrongsak from Khon Kaen Wittayayon School joined our trip to visit the science festival, and explored the UK with a heart filled with inspiration. Watch the video now and stay tuned for the next season of our competition!
School Lab Thailand National Competition 2017
Please come and cheer our 11 finalists in School Lab Thailand National Competition.
Date: Thursday 4 May 2017
Competition begins: 10.00 hrs. (Registration time: 09.30 - 10.00 hrs.)
Venue: Bangkok Art and Culture Centre, Floor 5, Auditorium room
School Lab aims to help students understand and appreciate the exciting challenges of science and develop critical and creative thinking skills, as well as gain the confidence and skills required to present and demonstrate their understanding of scientific concepts.
School Lab Thailand is targeted at Thai students between 15-18 years old (Grade 10-12 or equivalent). In the competition, each student, supported by a teacher, prepares a 3-minute presentation to explain a scientific topic in a creative and comprehensive way to a panel of judges. They will be judged on content, clarity and charisma. The presentation should also be scientifically accurate, interesting and easily understood by the audience.
The top 10 performing students will receive science communication training and advance to the final round of the competition in Bangkok. The top 3 students will be awarded, and the 1st prize is a trip to the Cheltenham Science Festival, one of the greatest science festivals in Europe, with all expenses included.
Benefits to participants:
· Enhance students’ communication and confidence skills.
· Raise awareness and appreciation of STEM subjects.
· Develop teachers at the same time.
· First prize is a trip to the Cheltenham Science Festival, one of the greatest science festivals in Europe PLUS 10,000 Baht.
· Runner-up will receive 5,000 Baht and third place will receive 2,500 Baht.
1. Join one of our roadshows – learn more about School Lab. Take useful tips from an outstanding FameLabber or STEM Ambassador on science communication. Register here
|Province||Date||Location||Register to Roadshow||Deadline for registration|
|Bangkok||15 Jan 2017||Royal Paragon Hall 3, Siam Paragon||Click here||13 Jan 2017|
|Khon Kaen||25 Jan 2017||Sirikunakorn 3, Sirikunakorn building, khon Kaen University||Click here||23 Jan 2017|
|Surat Thani||4 Feb 2017||Prince of Songkla University||Click here||1 Feb 2017|
|Pathum Thani||11 Feb 2017||National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA)||Click here||8 Feb 2017|
2. Enter the competition – talk science in three minutes via video and upload it online.
- VDO audition: can submit video online until 12 February 2017
3. Top 10 students attend a two-day science communication course – gain valuable skills from expert trainers, make friends and build a network, have fun!
- Science communication course: 1-2 April 2017
4. Top 10 students participate in the School Lab Thailand Competition – put your new skills to work, gain experience of speaking in front of live crowds, win prizes.
- School Lab Thailand Competition: 29 April 2017
5. The winner visits the Cheltenham Science Festival, UK – visit the science festival where FameLab started, see world-leading experts talk, meet FameLabbers from across the world.
- Cheltenham Science Festival, UK: June 2017