*All sessions will be held in Indochina time (UTC+7).
About the conference
If you want to develop your teaching skills and take control of your professional development, join us for our multi-day online conference for English teachers and education professionals across the ASEAN region. We’ve designed the conference specifically for you, teachers and teacher educators working in primary and secondary education.
The ASEAN Teaching English conference will:
- offer insight into current trends in English language teaching (ELT) and offer practical solutions for improving ELT provision in basic education. It will draw on insights from the research on the Future of English.
- bring together leaders in ELT and stimulate conversations on the future of English language teaching and how to build stronger, more inclusive education systems through exchange of learning and ideas.
- support the professional development of individual teachers and teacher educators through the world’s largest online English teacher community.
- create opportunities for peer networking, sharing of ideas and best practice to drive positive, inclusive change.
- Topics range from professional development, teaching pronunciation, speaking and writing, and bringing sustainable development goals and environmental issues into the classroom.
Benefits of attending the conference:
- Interact with speakers from across ASEAN as well as some well-known international ELT experts.
- Choose from 24 hours of interactive sessions, completely online and free to attend.
- Find out what’s new in the world of English teaching from international experts.
- Get practical teaching tips and advice from teachers and teacher educators.
- Learn about free, practical resources you can use in your classroom.
- Learn how to take control of your own professional development.
- Build your professional network across the ASEAN region.
“Taking responsibility for your professional development”.
The sub-themes include:
- Strategies and feedback for teaching speaking and writing
- Project-based language learning and task-based language learning
- Teaching pronunciation
- Formative assessment
- Gender equality in language education
- Climate Change
- Innovations in English language teaching from ELTons award winners
When: 5 October 2023 to 27 October 2023
Where: Online - Zoom
Organiser: British Council
Language: All the online sessions will be delivered in English
Certification: Participants will receive an e-certificate at the end of each workshop
For any conference-related or registration queries, please contact email@example.com