Results of the Connections Through Culture UK-Southeast Asia Online Collaboration Grants 2020 will be sent via email to all applicants, whether accepted or declined, starting 1 December 2020 Tuesday. Thank you for your patience.
About the Programme
For the 2020-2021 part of the programme, we will be supporting online collaboration projects between Southeast Asia and the UK. Available grants in 2020 in Southeast Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Connections Through Culture (CTC) is an arts grants programme run by the British Council in the UK and East Asia. It was established in August 2019 in Southeast Asia to provide grants to residents of the UK, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam from the following groups:
- Cultural and arts professionals
- Representatives of art collectives, networks or organisations
It was created to further international face-to-face discussions needed to develop projects beyond initial expressions of interest. It built on the wider CTC programme that has been running in China since 2006.
In October 2020 we will be accepting applications for Connections Through Culture Online Grants. Projects will be needed to be completed between January to June 2021.
The primary objective is to support exchanges and collaborations between the UK and Southeast Asia. Prior to Covid-19, this would have most likely involved international travel. However, with travel restricted and uncertain, the CTC grant should be used to develop and strengthen new and existing relationships between the UK and Southeast Asia, by providing funding to allow conversations to happen, and for the possibilities of online collaboration to be explored.
Celebrating the diverse cultural expression in both regions, the programme offers support, information, advice and networking opportunities for professional development. Grantees both from the UK and the East Asian countries benefit from the inspiration gained from exchanging ideas and sharing their cultural history.
What are the available grants?
- Collaboration Grants support online projects between Southeast Asia and the UK
- Research Grants: Two research grants are offered on two subjects 1) Creative Ageing 2) Arts and Disability. They are part of a wider British Council-led programme of research on the arts and creative economy across Southeast Asia. The research grants aim to fund the studies of the Creative Ageing and Arts and Disability landscapes in Thailand in order to support the development of future programmes between the UK and Thailand in these areas.
Who can apply?
- Open to individual artists or professionals or, for cultural organisations or collectives living in the UK or in any of the five (Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam) Southeast Asian countries featured in this programme.
- Open to all independent researchers, arts practitioners, or emerging research groups (five years and younger) based in Thailand.
When is the deadline?
Applications for Collaboration Grants close on 8 November 2020.
Applications for Research Grants close on 26 November 2020 at 17.00 BKK time.
How to apply?
- Read the Term of Reference.
- Submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org