What is IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (IELTS for UKVI)?
If you are looking to work or study in the UK, you may need to apply for a UK Visa and demonstrate that you have met the required level of English by taking a Home Office approved Secure English Language Test (SELT), such as The British Council IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training) or IELTS Life Skills.
Is there a difference in test format between IELTS and IELTS for UKVI?
IELTS and IELTS for UKVI are the same in terms of format, content, scoring and level of difficulty. However, the Test Report Form which contains your results is slightly different to show that you have taken the test at an official IELTS for UKVI location, which is approved by the UK Home Office.
Which test format should I take?
If you are a student, please check with your university / college / school which test you need before booking.
If you are applying for a UK Student Visa (Tier 4) at a higher education institution to enter directly onto a bachelor or postgraduate degree at a university that is a Tier 4 Sponsor, you must meet the English language level set by the institution. All British universities and colleges accept IELTS Academic results This means you may not need to take an IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test but instead you can submit an IELTS Academic result.
If you are NOT a student, please check which test format you need with the organisations you are applying to before booking the IELTS test.
We offer IELTS for UKVI in Thailand
|IELTS for UKVI (Academic)
|Take this test if the university or organisation you are applying to has requested that you take the IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test.
|IELTS for UKVI (General Training)
|Take this test if you want to migrate to the UK or want to train or study below degree level.
|IELTS Life Skills A1
|Take this test if you need to prove your English Speaking and Listening skills as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration for 'family of a settled person' visas.
|IELTS Life Skills B1
|Take this test if you need to prove your English Speaking and Listening skills as part of your application to UK Visas and Immigration for indefinite leave to remain or citizenship.
What does the fee include? Our IELTS for UKVI test fee in Thailand includes exclusive preparation materials, free practice tests and much more.
Why take the British Council IELTS for UKVI test?
IELTS for UKVI (Academic and General Training) tests and IELTS Life Skills must be taken at a UKVI approved test centre. The British Council has UKVI approved venues across the world. You can choose between paper-based or computer-delivered IELTS for UKVI when you book your test in Thailand.
Book IELTS UKVI with the British Council in Thailand and you receive:
- Our special offer – free access to our new IELTS for UKVI preparation materials: ‘GEL IELTS Prep’, which includes personalised, smart support that works with you to help you reach your required IELTS for UKVI score, and includes IELTS mock tests and practice recourse for all four skills.
- Free IELTS practice tests and preparation materials: practise IELTS with the British Council for free online or with a copy of the IELTS Practice book which contains sample tests for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
- Convenient dates and locations: we have multiple test locations in countries all around the world. There are more than 800 official British Council IELTS test centres, all conveniently located with modern facilities.
- Five extra IELTS for UKVI Test Report Forms for free: we send these free of charge to institutions you’re applying to (e.g. immigration offices, universities, etc.)
- Easy booking and friendly, professional staff: you can book your IELTS test online or in person with convenient payment options. Our experienced staff will help you every step of the way to make sure that your IELTS journey runs smoothly.