Special! Win a free iPad by entering the maths test below
Are you ready for Oxbridge? Try the National Mathematics and Science College (NMSC) maths test and win an iPad!
Eligibility and entry conditions
- To enter the competition, students must be aged between 14–19 years old and studying in Thailand
- Entry deadline is 28 November 2018
Judging criteria and winner selection
- The student scoring the highest number of points wins a prize. In the case of a tie, the winner will be randomly selected
- The judges’ decision is final
- The winner will receive an iPad from the National Mathematics and Science College
- The prize will be presented to the winner at the seminar on Saturday 1 December 2018
- No cash equivalent will be offered
About the National Mathematics and Science College
The National Mathematics and Science College is a leading international sixth form college delivering world class STEM education for academic high achievers who wish to gain entry to the world’s top 20 universities and leading medical schools including Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial.
- Teaching staff comprises Olympiad medal winning teachers with specialist skills in teaching gifted students.
- Our teachers have the depth of subject knowledge required to extend the learning beyond the syllabus.
- We have 100% Grade A* GCSE mathematics and 100% Grade A*/A A level mathematics and A*/B all other subjects and outstanding success rates at UK Olympiads in all subjects (100% of our students entered were awarded either Bronze, Silver or Gold).
- We guarantee small classes, providing 1:1 mentoring and complete pastoral care and support.
- Our programmes beyond the classroom help prepare students to become future leaders in their chosen field.
We have two programmes of study available: a two-year programme, which is designed for students who are prepared to begin their A Level studies when applying to the college, or a three-year programme which allows a foundation year for students to consolidate their knowledge of science, mathematics and English before commencing the A Level programme.
Three Year Programme
The three year programme is designed to prepare students for A level study. It offers specialist support and intensive English language tutoring for students whose second language is English. Students will study GCSE Mathematics and English alongside a pre A level programme of study in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. All students are encouraged to enter a range of academic competitions including subject-specific Olympiads and there is full participation in a co-curricular programme.
Two Year Programme
Our two year programme is for students ready for A level study. Students will study Mathematics and Further Mathematics and up to three other A level subjects selected from Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Computing. There are opportunities to enter Olympiad competitions in all academic subjects and there is full participation in a co-curricular programme.
For international students, English language tuition and support through the IELTS programme is a compulsory component of the timetable.
About the speaker
“A career in STEM promises the brightest future for our younger generations.”
Jane Flynn, the National Mathematics and Science College
Jane Flynn, MA (Hons) Glasgow University, PG Dip SAD Napier University, RSA DELTA Edinburgh University
Jane Flynn joined the National Mathematics and Science College in 2016 and has been representing the college in SE Asia since, overseeing admissions and recruitment activities.
Having brough up her child in Asia at international schools Jane understands the many questions facing parents when sending their child overseas to the UK and having worked in the sector for many years can provide counselling on all areas of provision for those looking for sixth form options in the UK. Jane now divides her time between the UK and Singapore and has very much enjoyed being part of the development of such a unique college as NMSC. As an elite STEM college, NMSC prepares students not only for entry to top universities but also to become world leaders in their field. STEM careers are undoubtedtly the most important for the future and our planet.