British Council Thailand is pleased to invite you to attend a special seminar on "Art, Design and Architecture, Kingston University London" by Jake Abrams is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a National Art Design and Media Teaching Fellow. He is an Associate Professor in the Design School at Kingston University London and has taught widely nationally and internationally. During this two hour session, Jake will be covering:
Art and Design from a UK Perspective
- Living in the UK
- Studio teaching, workshops and facilities
- Travelling Around - Learning from London
Putting Together a Portfolio for a UK Art & Design School
- Understanding what Admissions Tutors are looking for
- How to stand out from the crowd
- What to include and how to structure a portfolio
- Chance to bring your portfolio for one-to-one feedback
- Six 10-minute appointments available after the session (19.00-20.00)
- If you are unable to bring your portfolio or to attend the workshop, Jake will also be able to schedule one-to-one portfolio feedback sessions at our representative offices in Bangkok from 28th November – 2nd December. To schedule an appointment, please email T.Cheatheam@kingston.ac.uk.
About the Kingston’s Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture
Kingston’s Faculty of Art, Design & Architecture is recognised as one of the top art and design schools in in Europe and ranks #51 in the world (QS Global Rankings). The Design School ranks in the Top 10 most innovative schools across USA and Europe (Red Dot) and our BA Fashion is ranked #2 in the world (Global BOF Fashion Ranking).