About the grant
The British Council is pleased to announce its call for UK-Thailand Research Grants. This Call for Grants aims for a partnership between a Thai higher education institution (HEI) and a UK HEI to conduct high quality research on Pre-Service English Language Teacher education in Thailand. The maximum funding available is £30,000. The project should run from March/April 2022 – March 2023. The resulting report should detail the “as-is” situation in pre-service English teacher development in Thailand, highlighting major issues and recommendations for potential interventions that could be made by HEIs, schools, the Ministry of Education (MoE) and/or the Ministry of Higher Education., Science, Research and Innovation (MHESRI).Resulting articles will be published as part of the British Council Research Papers series online.
Purpose of the grants
- To conduct research on pre-service English language teacher training in Thailand through a partnership between a Thai HEI and a UK HEI
- To facilitate the production of research in the Official Development Assistance (ODA) context to benefit pre-service teacher education in Thailand.
Timeline and key dates
- Call for Grant issued to potential bidding suppliers and clarification questions invited 17 February 2022
- Deadline for clarification questions (Clarification Deadline) 6 March 2022
- British Council to respond to all clarification questions 10 March 2022
- Deadline for submission of Proposals by potential applicants (Response Deadline) 13 March 2022
- Final Decision Mid-late March 2022
- Contract concluded with winning supplier End March 2022
- Grant agreement signing/ contract start date End March 2022