Region: Southern England
Bournemouth University (BU)
Bournemouth is a clean and safe town on the south coast of England. It is a popular holiday destination that is located within two hours of London by train.
We have a large community of international students at BU. Currently there are just over 2,000 students from around 100 different countries and regions. There is a strong professional orientation with a focus on academic excellence and graduate employability.
Here are a few of our highlights:
• BU has more students on work placement than any other university in Great Britain; we have links with hundreds of companies across a range of industries, in the UK and abroad.
• 60 animation graduates worked on Oscar-winning film Gravity. BU graduates worked on several films nominated for 2016’s Oscars, and wins for Inside Out in the Animated Feature category and Ex Machina in the Visual Effects category ensured that BU graduates were among the winners.
• We are ranked as one of the 200 most international universities in the world by the Times Higher Edcuation.
• 96% of BU research rated as internationally recognised or higher, with 18% ranked as world-leading; an increase of 10% since the 2008 assessment (REF 2014.)
• Many of our courses are accredited by the biggest names in relevant industries. In total, 29 different bodies offer accreditation to courses at BU.
• 1769 scholarships were awarded in 2015/16, worth over £3.6 million.
• We are home to leading journals including Tourism Management, the International Journal of Tourism Research and Tourism Economics.
• £200 million investment in our buildings, IT and facilities by 2018.
• We are the 7th greenest university in the UK – awarded 1st class honours for the fifth year running in the People and Planet University League 2015 for our environmental and ethical performance.
• All of our pre-sessional English and academic pathway programmes are delivered at Bournemouth University International College. This is run in partnership by the university and Kaplan International Colleges.
• BU guarantees a place in University allocated accommodation for all new international and EU (Non UK) students starting courses in September and January, and who apply for a room before the specified deadline.
• All of our undergraduate degree courses start in September and many of our postgraduate courses have a January start option too.
If you want to know what it’s really like at BU, why not hear from our students?
• Read Undergraduate and Postgraduate blogs or watch vlogs from our current students who share their experiences of life at BU.
• Join us on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter to hear the latest news and find out about events.
Tel: +44 (0)1202 961916