Applications for the TET 2016 Summer Programme, once open, must reach us by February 26, 2016.
Thailand is justifiably famous for its fascinating temples and palace, it’s vibrant capital, Bangkok, its amazing food and, of course, it’s beautiful islands and beaches. But Thailand is much more than a tourist destination.
The TET Programme offers you a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the real Thailand, work in a Thai school as an English Teaching Assistant and become an integral part of life in a Thai town or village. You will experience Thailand’s renowned hospitality and get to know its people and diverse culture. You will learn to face and overcome the challenges of living and working in a new and unfamiliar environment, developing important work and life skills along the way.
When is it?
Summer Term: June 30 – September 2, 2016
What does it cost?
You will need to cover:
• TET placement fee: £200 for summer placements
• Return airfares UK-Thailand-UK
• Cost of Thai visa
• Travel to UK pre-departure briefing
• Travel and medical insurance
• Vaccinations (where applicable)
• Cost of DBS (criminal record check) in the UK
In return, you will be provided with:
• British Council training programme to prepare you for your role
• Orientation programme in Bangkok with accommodation
• Transport between Bangkok and your workplace at the start/end of contract
• Accommodation at or near your workplace
• Lunch during school days
• A monthly allowance to offset your costs in Thailand
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for selection if you meet ALL the criteria below:
- You are a current student or recent graduate (2013 onwards) from a participating UK university
- You are a native speaker of English or you hold an IELTS certificate band 7.0 or higher
- You are 18 years old or over at the time of application
- You are in good overall health and have no medical condition that would seriously affect your ability to carry out this role
- You are available for the full period of the placement type for which you have applied
- You hold a UK, Irish or other EU passport
- You are able to apply for a Thai visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate in the UK or Ireland
Successful applicants will also need to complete the British Council online course, Starting Teaching prior to arriving in Thailand
What is the availability?
In 2016 there will be up to 200 placements available on the Summer Programme
How do I apply?
Please visit the TET Programme Website from October 19 2015 for further programme and application process.
For other TET related enquiries, please email the Thailand English Teaching team.