Inspire! Scholarships 2019
Inspire! Scholarships provide students with the opportunity to experience a British lifestyle and study in an English classroom for a period of two weeks or an entire programme at a leading UK institution.
The aim of the scholarships is to give students in Thailand the chance to lay the foundations for a great future, improve their English, and experience a multicultural environment.
The scholarships are open to students aged 11-18.The winners will be selected by representatives of participating schools and colleges.
About Inspire! Scholarships 2019
Inspire! Scholarships 2019 will offer eight Thai students the chance to study and experience living in a British school or college for two weeks or an entire programme.
|Institutions offering the scholarship||Details of scholarship available||Age of applicants|
One scholarship to experience a course at CATS College in the UK. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and airport transfer. Applicants must be able to communicate in English and attend class during
14-17 for the below courses
16 for Oxbridge Preparation Programme at CATS Cambridge
Two scholarships to experience a course at CATS College in the UK. The scholarships cover tuition fees, accommodation, meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and airport transfer.
Applicants will be judged on a combination of school reports, entrance exam scores and interview performance. Students must have the right to study in the UK and agree to become a Westbourne Ambassador for Thailand.
|Westbourne School||One generous tuition fee scholarship for an excellent student (worth 12,500 GBP) to study at Westbourne School.||11-18|
|Woodhouse Grove School||Four generous tuition fee scholarships (each worth 10,000 GBP) to study at Woodhouse Grove School for entry in September 2020.||11-17|
General eligibility criteria
- Students must be Thai nationals
- Currently studying and living in Thailand
- At the time the winners are announced (March 2020), contestants must continue to be registered as a student as per the Ministry of Education regulations
- Students must be eligible to apply for the Inspire! Scholarship
- Students should submit a one-minute speech on “One person in the UK who inspires me the most.”
Contest rules and regulations:
- The speech must be in English.
- The speech must be relevant to the topic given. The content should be well-constructed, creative, interesting and the English language used in an appropriate manner.
- The student must submit the speech in a video format that is clearly audible in MP4 or other formats*.
- The student must prepare the speech himself/herself. The content must not have been submitted elsewhere or the subject of other awards.
- The judges’ decision is considered to be final and cannot be appealed.
- The British Council reserves the rights to all videos submitted and shall hold the copyright of the video for promotional purposes. All videos submitted are considered the property of the British Council.
- The scholarship does not include the cost of flights, visas, insurance and personal expenses, and the student is also responsible for making the necessary arrangements.
- Students in receipt of a scholarship must only travel to the UK on the date advised by the school. Exceptions can only be made if permission is granted by the school.
- The scholarship is awarded according to the quality standard of the application. The judges’ decision is considered to be final.
- The scholarship cannot be exchanged for money or substituted for other products and/or services. The winner cannot transfer his/her rights to any other person under any circumstances.
- The organiser is not responsible if, for any reason, the winner is unable to use the scholarship.
- Students can only receive one scholarship.
- Students must be able to travel to the UK, without parents or guardians, on the date and for the time period agreed with the host institution.
- Students must not have any health or medical condition that will affect his/her study in the UK.
- If for whatever reason the British Council cannot arrange the scholarship to the UK as scheduled, it reserves the right to postpone until the next available date. However, if the British Council can no longer organise the activities as planned, students will receive a substitute award.
- The British Council reserves the right to change any details without advance notification.
Application and video submission period
5 October – 12 January 2020
Scholarship winners will be announced on 5 March 2020.