For the 2023-24 academic year, there are postgraduate scholarships available at the following institutions.
|University||Scholarship application deadline||Further information|
|Anglia Ruskin University||2 June 2023||https://aru.ac.uk|
|Cardiff University||31 May 2023 (23.59 UK time)||https://www.cardiff.ac.uk|
|University of East Anglia||31 May 2023||https://www.uea.ac.uk|
|University of Hull||31 May 2023||https://www.hull.ac.uk|
|Imperial College London||13 March 2023 (23.59 UK time)||https://www.imperial.ac.uk|
|University of Kent||28 April 2023 (23.59 BST)||https://www.kent.ac.uk|
|University of Manchester||1 June 2023||https://www.manchester.ac.uk|
|University of Sussex||15 May 2023 (23.59 UK time)||https://www.sussex.ac.uk|
|Swansea University||9 June 2023||https://www.swansea.ac.uk|
|University College London||23 May 2023 (17.00 BST)||https://www.ucl.ac.uk|
|University of York||15 May 2023 (24.00 BST)||https://www.york.ac.uk|
The scholarships available for some specific subject areas:
|University||Scholarship application deadline||Courses on offer||Further information|
|University of Birmingham||3 April 2023 (16.00 UK time)||Any of the LLM programmes at the University of Birmingham Law School||https://www.birmingham.ac.uk|
|University of Glasgow||30 April 2023||Eligible LLM programmes||https://www.gla.ac.uk|
|The University of St Andrews||17 April 2023||
|University of Strathclyde||1 June 2023||
|University College London||23 May 2023 (17.00 BST)||All LLM Law programmes, including LLM Specialist Law Degrees such as: Competition Law||
Available to a student from Ghana, Kenya, India, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan or Thailand (one scholarship which may be awarded to a student from any of these countries)
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions and is worth a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees for a one-year taught postgraduate course. Please visit the university page for more information and how to apply.
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Thailand.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK HEI
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about their own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.