IELTS Pre-intermediate is our first stage IELTS preparation course and it is recommended that most students who are preparing to sit the IELTS test start with this. The British Council focuses on the learner by conducting a needs analysis for each learner. In this stage, students will learn about each section of the IELTS test and practice skills and techniques they need to perform their best on the test date. The classes are limited to only 16 students per class to ensure more individual attention.
To attend this IELTS course, students are required to have at least pre-intermediate level on our placement tests.
On this course you will
- learn about each section of the IELTS test (speaking, listening, reading and writing) in detail
- discover key vocabulary related to each IELTS exam topic such as Finance, Culture and the Arts, Communication and Language.
- practice exam skills such as time management, question analysis and processing speed
- enhance a range of useful techniques such as scanning, paraphrasing and skimming
- simpler and better access to supplementary materials online
- receive regular 4 skills (Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening) assessments and advice for successful performance on the day of the exam
- gain essential skills and useful techniques to maximise your IELTS score
- boost your confidence to perform your best on the test date
- expand your vocabulary and improve grammatical accuracy