IELTS Intermediate is our second stage IELTS preparation course. The British Council focuses on the learner by conducting a needs analysis for each learner. This course aims to help students improve their exam skills through various types of skills development tasks and maximise their IELTS score by using essential techniques gained from various types of exam practice tasks. The classes are limited to only 16 students per class to ensure more individual attention.
To attend this IELTS course, students are required to complete IELTS Pre-intermediate, have a minimum level of IELTS 5.5, or attained a higher intermediate-level score on our placement tests.
On this course you will
- learn about each section of the IELTS test (speaking, listening, reading and writing) in detail
- discover key vocabulary related to each IELTS exam topic such as studying overseas, the natural world, transportation and inventions.
- practice exam skills such as time management, question analysis and processing speed
- enhance a range of useful techniques such as scanning, paraphrasing and skimming
- simpler and better access to supplementary materials online
- receive regular 4 skills (Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening) assessments and advice for successful performance on the day of the exam
- gain essential skills and useful techniques you need to maximise your IELTS score
- boost your confidence to perform your best on the test date
- expand your vocabulary and improve grammatical accuracy