This course is designed for children in Kindergarten 3 (and Kindergarten 2 in our Chiang Mai centre) who are between the ages of 5 - 6. Our main focus is to build strong foundations of the 4 English skills; listening, reading, speaking and writing.
Our UK-qualified teachers will also help your child improve English grammar and vocabulary using a variety of English learning materials and classroom activities including Jolly phonics programme, songs, games and puzzles.
What is Jolly Phonics?
Jolly Phonics is a fun and effective approach to teaching English to young children. It is a multi-sensory, synthetic phonics programme that teaches children the English alphabetic code in a simple, but structured way. The result? Children will be able to read and write English from an early age!
Children will learn each 42 main letter-sound correspondence with a story and an action which help the children concentrate and remember effectively. They will also learn how to blend the sounds together to make new words. Such methodology will enable children to naturally develop reading and writing skills in a shorter time frame.
On this course your child will
- learn to read and write using Jolly Phonics programme which is a fun and effective way to teach English to young children
- practise listening, reading, speaking and writing through a variety of classroom activities using games, puzzles and songs
- listen to children’s storybooks to increase vocabulary and improve English grammar
- learn English with our native-speaker teachers who have been qualified and have experience specifically in teaching young learners in a fun and child-friendly environment
- naturally develops reading and writing skills
- becomes confident in using English, especially in listening and speaking
- increases accuracy in English grammar and expands vocabulary